Thursday, September 1, 2011

Willrichardson.com

After perusing a few of the suggested blogs, I settled on Will Richardson's. He immediatley captured my attention because he not only was coming from the perspective of educator, but he was also coming from the perspective of parent. Thus, his interests while always, first and foremost his children, his way of teaching things could contradict or conflict with those that are teaching his children right now.
   Furthermore, I was immediatley attracted to his ambitious statement that educaters need to see themselves as "master learners." I 100% agree. In fact, I wrote my Philosophy of Education, titled "creating Lifelong learners" in hopes that that is what my teaching would instill in my students. Thus, when he suggested that the majority of educations were uncomfortble with the concept of being "expert learners" it made me take a step back and look at myself and those around me. Was I truly pushing past what has been asked of me to learn as I said I do in my paper?

1 comment:

  1. That is an interesting point to ponder! Nice thing about some of these blogs, it gives us a chance not only to pick up new tips & tricks but also to consider (or reconsider) some of the bigger questions. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete